Data Protection Declaration
1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. On the following pages, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge of data processing on this website, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Großhandelshaus für Woll- u. Kurzwaren Max Gründl e.K., Ziegeleistraße 66, 85055 Ingolstadt, Deutschland, Tel.: +49 841 / 881313 699, E-Mail: email@example.com. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 The controller has designated a data protection officer for this website. He can be reached as follows: "Firma ist Doris Bauer, Dipl. Inform. (FH), Siedlerstraße 7g, 83064 Raubling, Telefon: +49 8035 873600, Fax: +49 8035 873601, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org"
1.4 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
To make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can check the duration of the respective cookie storage in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
4) Contacting Us
When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Processing of Data for the Purpose of Order Handling
Insofar as necessary for the processing of the contract for delivery and payment purposes, the personal data collected by us will be passed on to the commissioned transport company and the commissioned credit institution in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR.
If we owe you updates for goods with digital elements or for digital products on the basis of a corresponding contract, we will process the contact data (name, address, e-mail address) provided by you when placing the order in order to inform you personally by suitable means of communication (e.g. by post or e-mail) about upcoming updates within the legally stipulated period of time within the framework of our statutory duty to inform pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR. Your contact details will be used strictly for the purpose of informing you about updates owed by us and will only be processed by us for this purpose to the extent necessary for the respective information.
In order to process your order, we also work together with the following service provider(s), who support us in whole or in part in the execution of concluded contracts. Certain personal data is transmitted to these service providers in accordance with the following information.
6) Online Marketing
Facebook pixel for creating custom audiences with extended data matching feature (with Cookie Consent Tool)
Within our online offer, the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook in extended data matching mode is applied. It is operated by Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter "Facebook").
If a user, who has given his explicit consent, clicks on an advertisement placed by us and played on Facebook, an addition is made to the URL of our linked page by Facebook pixels. This URL parameter is then entered into the user's browser via a cookie after it has been forwarded, which is set by our linked page itself. In addition, this cookie collects specific customer information, such as the email address that we collect on our Facebook-associated website during transactions such as purchases, account signups, or registrations (advanced data matching). The cookie is then read by Facebook Pixel and enables the data, including the specific customer data, to be forwarded to Facebook.
With the help of the Facebook pixel with extended data matching feature, Facebook is able to determine visitors of our online offer as a target group for the presentation of ads (so-called "Facebook ads"). Accordingly, the Facebook pixel with extended data matching feature to display Facebook ads placed by us will be presented only to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our online offer or who demonstrate certain characteristics (e.g., interest in certain topics or products determined by means of the websites visited) which we transmit to Facebook (so-called "custom audiences"). When using Facebook pixels, we also want to ensure that our Facebook ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by tracking whether users were forwarded to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad ("conversion"). Compared to the standard variant of Facebook Pixel, the extended data matching feature helps us better measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns by tracking more associated conversions.
All transmitted data is stored and processed by Facebook to enable a connection to the respective user profile and to allow Facebook to use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with the Facebook Data Usage Guidelines (https://www.facebook.com
These processes are subject to express consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR.
Consent to the use of the Facebook pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years of age. If you are younger, please ask your parent or guardian for permission.
The information generated by Facebook is usually transmitted to a Facebook server and stored there; this may also involve transmission to the servers of Meta Platforms Inc. in the USA. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, remove the tick next to the setting for the "Facebook Pixel" in the "Cookie Consent Tool" embedded on the website.
7) Retargeting/Remarketing/ Referral Advertising
Google Ads Remarketing
This website uses the online advertising program "Google Ads" and, within the scope of Google Ads, the conversion tracking of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland ("Google"). We use Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers on external websites with the help of advertising media (so-called Google Adwords). We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data of the advertising campaigns. In this way, we pursue the concern of showing you advertising that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of the advertising costs incurred
The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on an ad placed by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your terminal device. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can recognize if the user has clicked on the ad and has been directed to this page. Each Google Ads customer receives a different cookie. Cookies therefore cannot be tracked across Google Ads customers’ websites. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Google Ads customers who have chosen conversion tracking. Customers learn the total number of users who clicked on their ad and who were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to personally identify users. The use of Google Ads may also result in the transmission of personal data to the servers of Google LLC. in the USA.
Details on the processing operations initiated by Google Ads conversion tracking and on Google's handling of data collected from websites can be found here: https://policies.google.com
All processing described above, in particular the setting of cookies for the reading of information on the end device used, will only be carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. Without this consent, Google Conversion Tracking will not be used during your visit to the website.
You can permanently disable the setting of cookies by Google Ads Conversion Tracking for advertising preferences. You may download and install the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://support.google.com
This website uses the conversion tracking technology "Pinterest Tag" of Pinterest Europe Ltd, Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Pinterest").
If the user is forwarded from a pin to Pinterest on pages of this website and the cookie has not yet expired, the tag records certain user actions predefined by us and can track them (e.g., completed transactions, leads, search queries on the website, calls to product pages). When such an action is performed, your browser sends an HTTP request from the cookie to the Pinterest server via the Pinterest tag, which contains certain information about the action (including type of action, time, browser type of device).
Through this transmission, Pinterest can generate statistics about the usage behavior on our website after forwarding a Pinterest Pin, which serve to optimize our offer.
However, we do not receive any information that personally identifies users. All processing described above, in particular the setting of cookies for the reading of information on the end device used, will only be carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. Without this consent, Pinterest Tag will not be used during your visit to the website.
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your right of revocation, please deactivate this service in the "Cookie Consent Tool" provided on the website.
Pinterest retargeting pixel
A pixel (Pinterest tag) of Pinterest Europe Ltd. (Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Pinterest") is integrated on this website. With the help of the pixel, information about the surfing behavior of website visitors can be collected, stored, and evaluated in pseudonymized form. The information can be assigned to the user with the help of further information that Pinterest has stored about the user, e.g., due to the ownership of an account on the social network "Pinterest". Pinterest uses an algorithm to analyze the surfing behavior and can then display targeted product recommendations as personalized advertising banners on the user's Pinterest account. Pinterest may also combine the information collected via the pixel with other information that Pinterest has collected via other websites and / or in connection with the use of the social network "Pinterest", and thus create pseudonymized usage profiles. In no case, however, may this information collected be used to personally identify visitors to this website.
All processing described above, in particular the setting of cookies for reading out information on the end device used, will only be carried out if you have given us your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GPDR. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by deactivating this service in the "Cookie Consent Tool" provided on the website.
8) Rights of the Data Subject
8.1 The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
8.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
9) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant – on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
If personal data is processed on the basis of an express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his consent.
If there are legal storage periods for data that is processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the storage periods if it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or if we no longer have a justified interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR, unless we can provide compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the information contained in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.